Monday, December 8, 2008

The Blank Page

All through the day as I am doing my regular housekeeping things I think of things I want to blog about. And then, when I sit down to do it, I can't think of anything to write about and am nagged by the thoughts of all the other thousands of things I should be doing (tending the fires, putting away dishes, folding the laundry, playing with the kids, checking my Facebook page!). Of course, this is the case now. So, I'll just post some pictures from the recent festivities around here and spare you my religious ramblings this time! Thanks for indulging me on my previous post, however.

Molly loves her new present from Grandma Jean - Copper Kitty.


Here she is on the phone with Grandma Jean saying thank you.
Our birthday cake...


A trip to see Santa at the Gorham library. Here is why I love this season. Rose truly believes that she chatted with Santa here, and she told him she wanted more Barbies for Christmas. So she was confused when I was looking at some pcitures on Facebook of other people's children with Santa, and heartbroken when she realized that what she really wanted was a Webkinz poodle, and she had told Santa the wrong thing! I reassured her we could send him a letter. Now I just have to remember to have her write it!

I don't know if it's Christmas in the air, a new phase of some sort, or answered prayers (I am sure it's at least a bit of that!), but Rose and Molly have been playing so nicely together for the past couple of weeks. Rose offeres and Molly willingly lets her dress her up and put on her "makeup" some Halloween leftovers I picked up at Wal-Mart for my fashion maven six year old (I don't know WHERE she got that tendency from!). Then I let them play with the camera. It's funny, thought-provoking, and sometimes a bit disturbing what the world looks like through the eyes of a child...


Riley's self portait...

He thought it was hilarious that he took a picture of the back of the cereal box.

All Molly needs is a hair net and a cigarette!

Ah, the beauty of normalcy...

Until next time, life continues on at the homestead...

No comments: